There's alot to like about 9.5 but I've had it crash on me several times when I start a download. If your system is abit old one (say p4 2.0 or lower) Opera might crash bringing the whole system to a dead stop. However, if you have Core 2 or higher, your system might not bring the blue screen of death, but opera will not restore once it freezes. However, the active downloads and the open tabs will be working on the background. I, myself has filed this issue on Opera Helpdesk. At the moment there is no fix for this but Opera admins are working on this issue and probably will release a hot fix very soon.

Meanwhile I have been using my alternative browser, the Mozilla firefox. And trust me, firefox3.0 final is better than I thought it would be and looks clean. Also I learned that the Firefox3.0 has an advanced color management feature that is turned off by default. To enable this follow these steps below [via LfeHacker]:

1. Enter about:config in the address bar
2. Hit "I’ll be careful, I promise!" button
3. In Filter field search for: gfx.color_management.enabled
4. Double click to toggle its default value to “true”
5. That’s it. Restart Firefox!

Warning! This might slow up your System if it’s an old one. Basically you will have to spare another 10-15% of your CPU cycle to have this tweak enabled.

Label: , Bookmark and Share